Monday, October 17, 2011

6 months and growing!

Where do I start? First off I can start by saying I can't believe how fast the past 6 months have gone by. We had our 6 month well baby check today and I was pleasantly surprised with Scottie's progress. She came in weighing 14lbs6oz and has gained 2 inches in length to put her at 25 inches total! This put her into the 25th percentile for both. This is saying a lot considering just 2 months ago she was only in the 10th for weight and not even on the charts for height! Grow baby grow! She is meeting all 6 month milestones except for the Starting the beginning phases of crawling but this is something we are working on with Sooner Start. Today her murmur was hardly noticed by the dr but we are still meeting with the cardiologist in November and then again in 4 months for another echo. We are praying and keeping our fingers crossed that the problem will fix itself. I love having a dr that is open to non prescription and non traditional methods. I have spent countless hours reading stories of other young children with ds and one thing they have in common are nutritional supplements. So today we asked our dr about them and he said sure! I was so happy about this so tonight I ordered her a 3 month supply of Nutriven-D. I am so excited to get her started on this and hopefully see it help her growth, immune system and maybe her development.
With turning 6 months also came the introduction of solids. We started last week with rice cereal and to my surprise not only did she love it, she also did really well eating from the spoon. This evening she had her first serving of sweet potatoes. She wasn't as impressed but will hopefully learn to love them as well as other veggies!
Sooner Start came out again on Monday and gave us many more helpful hints to help her sit up and start crawling. I would love to see her sitting up unassisted in a few weeks and maybe crawling by Christmas.
We recently went to our local JBF sale and bought some new cloth diapers to try out and hopefully start saving money! We had discussed cloth before she was born but it went to the back burner. We started using them 2 weeks ago but they are a bit big for tiny legs so there have been a few leaks. Hopefully in a few weeks they will fit perfectly and we will be 100% cloth. I'm excited about the savings and the enviromental aspect.
The past few weeks Scottie's personality has really began to shine. Her daddy can get her to laugh a lot while for me she still only smiles. I guess we know who her favorite is! She is such a happy baby who loves playing with her toys, and watching her puppies. I love watching her find her toys and she even has a few favorites. Her bunny, her ball and her new bug teether just to name a few.
The holiday season is coming up before we know it and we've already bought a few of her Christmas gifts. During fall break I went to the outlet mall and picked up her Halloween costume. I can't wait to see my beautiful Belle.
I guess that is all for now. It has been a long day full of her 6month check up, a shopping trip to our new Whole Foods, and a fun day at work! I love spending my afternoons with a great bunch of kids, it is almost relaxing!

1 comment:

  1. What a doll, she has learned so much and is doing so well! Connor can't wait to meet Scottie one of these days in the near future!

    ReplyDelete